Re: linux lib nsl???

From: rens <rens.groennospamewegen_at_net.hcc.nl>
Date: 1998/10/28

Steve Haynes wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a base SUSE 5.2 linux install and have
> upgraded to 2.0.35 kernel and libc 2.0.6.
> Oracle install *almost* works but fails
> on relinking executables with -lnsl not found.
> any ideas appreciated.
> Thanks
> Steve
> --
> Please remove nospam from my address to Reply.

SuSE ? the problem is that the linker can't find the directory nsl ( under your ORACLE_HOME ) and therefore cannot resolv the calls to the librarie(s) that live there. With slackware, you put the lib dir in /etc/ld.so.conf and execute "ldconfig" ( as root ) to tell the OS that these libs exist and where.

I could not get oracle compiling/linking/running on redhat, but I could under slackware. ( same problem....) Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST