Re: DBMS Analyze

From: Gillian <gmuruga_at_entergy.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:08:05 -0600

The name of the package is DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE_SCHEMA (schema, method, estimate_rows, estimate percent).

In V7.3.3 an error may be generated when running dbms_utility.analyze_schema if there are objects in the schema that are registered from another database through a gateway. You should not use the ANALYZE command on the tables owned by user SYS. Using the ANALYZE command to gather or compute statistics on certain SYS tables causes deadlocks.

You can find the description in the DBA_SOURCE view. G!