Re: ORA-03113 - end-of-file on communication channel

From: <mvempati_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:51:57 GMT

In article <362B256B.66A6E69D_at_iridis.com>,   illustro_at_iridis.com wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I have an interesting problem and couldn't find solution for it.
>
> I've put some application logic into stored packages, procedures &
> functions.
> Some of my view-s are using functions stored in database.
> I cann't issue any grant on that views.
>
> Example:
>
> 1.) Create simple stored function
>
> create or replace function test return number is
> retval number;
> begin
> retval := 10;
> return retval;
> end;
>
> 2.) Create simple view that uses this function
>
> create or replace view v_test
> as select * from user_tables
> where test = 10;
>
> 3.) Issue grant on created view to public
>
> grant all on v_test to public;

user_tables is itself a view on to dba_tables which is owned by sys. If you are not connected as a user granted all on dba_tables with admin option you can not grant the same to public.
I executed the same script with user_tables replaced by some other table owned by the user issuing these commands and it works!! mvempati

> In this point I get disconnected from Oracle with message
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-03113 - end-of-file on communication channel
This may be due to a network problem, because a failure in a grant statement does not terminate the session.