Server connections

From: Doug Hardie <bc979_at_lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:11:43 -0700

When I run ProC programs on Unix SVR4 with the program running on the same machine as the server I get two different forms of the server process: Using ps, one looks like:

    oracleFL P:4096,5,8,

and the other looks like:

    oracleFL (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))

Both are on the same machine. I have not been able to figure out how to make a process use a single form. It appears that the second form is considerably slower than the first but that is difficult to test. What is the differences between them and how do you control which type is used? Received on Fri Oct 23 1998 - 23:11:43 CDT