Re: some simple questions about tablespace

From: TDS <sunil.sheoran_at_tdstelecom.com>
Date: 23 Oct 1998 20:49:20 GMT

Brian,

Problem 1:
Take the BAckup of the database before proceeding . Take the export of the user whose TBS needs to be changed. Drop the user.
Create the same user and change the TBS to New one. Import the backup of the user into the new user.

Problem 2:
No Oracle will use all rollback segments dynamically. For long transactions use
SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT <NAME>. Try to keep all the Rollback Segments of same size. IF using Big Transaction i.e. Batch Processing and you feel that existing RBS would not suffice then use the above command to explicitly assign a bigger RBS to the Transaction.

Problem No 3
Temporary Segment usage depends on the User as you specify Users with Temporary Segements. Assign Temporary segments as per users i.e. which user is assigned for Batch Processes and which is assigned for small Processes. OR
Create a single Temporary segment of the size of Maximum size of Transaction .

Thanx

Brian Yan <by2_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> wrote in article <362EA454.25DB_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>...