some simple questions about tablespace

From: Brian Yan <by2_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:19:48 -0600

I am new on DBA stuff. I would appreciate it very much if someone can help me on the following questions.

1). Can I specify the new tablespace while importing a schema data file? I created new tablespace DATA_1 and INDEXES_1 for the new imported schema datafile. How to let the import go to the new tablespace instead of existing tablespace?

2). I have eight small rollback segments and three big rollback segments. Will the Oracle be smart enough to go to the big rollback segment when it is doing big transactions? Or I should turn the small rollback segments offline manully when Oracle does big transactions?

3). Similar question to temporary tablespace. If I create a small temp tablespace and a big temp tablespace for importing. Is Oracle smart enough to select the appropriate tablespace according to the transaction? Or I should turn one offline manully?

Thank you for your help!

Brian Received on Wed Oct 21 1998 - 22:19:48 CDT