Re: Export with constraints / Import without constraints

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_inmet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 23:54:15 GMT

Didier,

    There are a few more things constraints do that indexes do not (not null or references). An index, however, can be apart of a constraint (unique or primary key for instance). Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with 7.2 to provide you more of an answer. Though I can tell you that import will bring all constraints for the table that are germain to the table (ie not null) when it creates it - much as 'create table...as select....'.

HTH,
    Greg