Re: timed_statistics anyone?

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:23:41 GMT

According to "Tuning Oracle" by Oracle Press (ISBN 0-07-881181-3), setting TIMED_STATISTICS to True will result in a 11 percent Performance hit.

This parameter was not intended to be left on. It is used in conjuction with the UTLBSTAT/UTLESTAT to monitor database performance.

You first set Timed_statistics to true, then run Utlbstat, then after a period of time, run Utlestat, then change Timed_statistics to False.

Hope this info helps...
Satar Naghshineh

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin