Re: Formula for Calculating Maxextents

From: Tommy <tcusan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:38:26 -0700

Hi,

The reason why I use that complex formula is the formula was derived from the origin.

 M = ( ( b- sizeof (kcbh))/2 - sizeof (ktect) )/sizeof (ktetb)

 where b is the value of db_block_size, and sizeof( ) can be found by querying the
 v$type_size dynamic performance table:  select component, type, "SIZE" from v$type_size ;

The column name size is a reserved word so the workaround when do the select statement, you have to do as above.