Re: Import and open database

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:03:06 +0100

Er, 'exclusive' is really a Parallel Server concept for instances. Do you mean 'restricted'? If so, that will only let people on the system who have that privilege, normally only DBA's - so no, it won't do what you want, I think...

I can't really see how you can reconcile "how I could make sure people are not hitting the database" and "database has to be open while doing imports which also means people can access it"?... If you don't want anyone on it, use a restricted startup.

MotoX

Vijay Ganesh Hariharan wrote in message ...
>hi all,
>
>Want to know how I could make sure people are not hitting the database I am
importing to. The database has to be open while doing