Re: data mart / data warehousing

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:27:57 +0200

kasandra_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6vvglo$erm$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I have posted a question on the above several weeks ago. But looks like no
one
>reply yet.
>I really need your answer to the pitfalls that I should look out for in
>implementing a data mart or warehouse. Pleases advise.

There's a lot of issues here. Everything from having an executive management sponsor, to OLAP vs. ROLAP, to resolving when to use full table scans in Oracle and when not to.

There's a lot of stuff available on the web that discuss in general the pitfalls and traps with data warehousing. I suggest that you use hotbot, yahoo or one of the other search engines to find more info.

If you have specific Oracle questions, I'm sure a lot of people will be eager to assist. However, such generic question requires a long and detailed reply. And I guess most of us do not have the time to write essays in this newsgroup. :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Oct 19 1998 - 10:27:57 CDT