Re: Help: Table doesn't belong to anything!

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:57:28 GMT

"Randal Chapman" <Randalc_at_corprasoft.com> wrote:

>Hi group.
>
>I exported a table to Oracle from Access (yeah, yeah... anyway) to a
>tablespace named CLDSYS - which belongs to user CLDSYS.
>
>Here is my problem - the table is in there, but I cannot grant select
>priveleges on it because I can't seem to come up with a logon that can "see"
>the table. I tried with SYS, SYSTEM, and INTERNAL, and even the CLDSYS
>logins.
>
>Is there some kind of 'Master' login that can see all objects by default?
>How do I get this table out of limbo?
>
>Thanks,
>
>_Randal

As you have heard by now, Access will export with the exact name you gave the table - Mixed case, lower case, whatever....Oracle does not like mixed or lower case for object names ( tables, synonyms, etc ) so, if you don't do something extra, the Oracle tools will not find the table....To use the Mixed and Lower case names just enclose them in quotes ( " ) so :

If name is all upper case you could use select * from emp ( the actual name of this table is EMP ) if, however, the actual table_name was emp you would need to use: select * from "emp"

Hope it helps
( BTW, due to this, I am always sure to create Access tables with all caps )

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Thu Oct 15 1998 - 09:57:28 CDT