Re: LOG WRITER PROCESS

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:00:36 -0700

Unless I am way off base, this trace is reporting that the LGWR died *because* the DBWR, the database writer, died. To find out why, you would need to look at the DBWR trace that was hopefully generated at the same time.

No useful information about the DBWR crash will be gleaned from the LGWR trace. If no trace was generated, there are some events that can be set to determine the reason the DBWR crashed.

Good luck,

--
Jeremiah Wilton http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah