Response time increase over time

From: Ketil Smaaskjær <ksmaaskj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:58:22 +0200

Can somone give me some hints to why overall response time on a system will increase over time? If we reboot the system without any reorg of database objects we will get considerable better overall response time on the system.

We do not experience any OS-swapping. We use Patrol to Monitor the System and we are not getting alarms form Oracle, CPU or other system parameters that we monitor.

The system is a 2 node Parallel Server with AIX 4.15 HACMP 4.2 and Oracle 7.3.3.2
Each node has 2 Gig Ram and 6 CPU's. The application we use is Vanitve helpdesk application.

If you have a reply to this news posting, please reply to email: Ketil.Smaaskjar_at_oslo.itservice.telenor.no

Regards

Ketil S. Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 04:58:22 CDT