Re: Why application is becoming slow ?

From: Torsten Borchert <T.Borchert_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:52:53 +0100

Hi,

there are many reasons. At first try to analyze all tables and indexes in every schema/user!=SYS to gather statistics. It gives the Oracle Cost Based Optimizier a chance work well. (OPTIMIZER_MODE=CHOOSE in init.ora)

analyze table blabla compute statistics; analyze index index_or_primary_key_or_foreign_key compute statistics;

T.Borchert