Re: Oracle Transparent Gateway Tuning

From: <bmanry_at_remove.us.oracle.com>
Date: 13 Oct 1998 00:20:25 GMT

vdelrosario_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
>Does anyone know of any books, white papers, or web pages, basically any
>resources that would aid in the tuning of the Oracle Transparent Gateway for
>DB/2 for AS/400.

[...]
>Does anyone have any pointers or recommendations for books
>on the Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB/2 for MVS.
[...]

Not to ask the obvious, but have you already been through the regular gateway documentation from Oracle? For the specific case of cross-network joins I believe the doc describes ways to reduce the network fetch load...probably by setting up a view on the DB2 side.

/b
--
Bill Manry - IBM Products Division - Oracle Corporation USA These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's. Received on Mon Oct 12 1998 - 19:20:25 CDT