Re: Oracle row locking

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:42:39 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Jim Poe <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 15:09:43 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm using Oracle 8.0.8.2 on NT 4.0.
>
>In my application, I use a query to obtain a row lock. 'Select key_id
>from f_standard where key_id=:key_id for update nowait'
>
>This seems to work. User A gets a row lock. User B can see the lock.
>
>My problem is that when User A goes to a different row, the lock remains
>on the previous row. I thought that a commit or rollback would release
>the lock. I've tried both.
>
>What is the proper way to release a row lock?

commit and rollback both release the locks. You must not be issueing one or something else is happening here...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sun Oct 11 1998 - 07:42:39 CDT