Re: Full Ex/Im-port to New Instance, NT

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 21:36:24 GMT

Yassir,

   In my original message I mentioned about pre-creating the tablespaces and files. Don't let the import do that for you.

Here is the clipping from the same message:-

---------Clipped portion start----
4. Create all other tablespaces beforehand, as if you allow

   the full import to do that for you it will use the datafile    names used in the database which was used for export. This    may fail due to several reasons, like directories not precreated    or same file used by an existing instance ( if datafile is used    by existing instance).

Read this what I explained above.

It seems your are letting Full Import to create the tablespace MILLER, which is resulting in an error. I advise you to start your import only after all the tablespaces are created beforehand.

If the tablespace already existed you wont get this error, instead you will get a harmless error which will say this tablespace MILLER already exists.

See you are not following all the directions and are blaming FULL IMPORT for that.

Did you get the point?

Now try gain and let us know what you got this time, we will try to help you out here.

Next time when you do a full import precreate all the tablespaces, and then post your findings/errors/good or bad results.

I am hoping you will try it again as per the directions mentioned.

take care,
Manoj Jain
Oracle Certified Professional - OCP DBA Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA