Re: how to identify the corrupted object???

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 20:10:19 +0200

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:05:03 +0200, sunita_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net wrote (in message <36167816.34E2_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>):

> Exports on the database has begun to core dump. How do I identify which
> object is corrputed and in which schema??
>
> Once the object is identified, can I drop and recreate the object, will it
> fix the problem?
>

> Thank you..

You mean it dumps before or after the export of the tables ? In that case I expect you to have some invalid objects. When a table is corrupt you should be able to read it from the log.

select owner, object_name, object_type, status from dba_objects where status != 'VALID'
union
select owner, index_name, table_name from dba_indexes where status != 'VALID';

--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

The best way to accelerate a machine running windows is at 9.8 m/s^2 Received on Mon Oct 05 1998 - 13:10:19 CDT