Re: how to identify the corrupted object???

From: Doug Cha <dcha_at_shell2.ba.best.com>
Date: 17 Oct 1998 18:00:25 GMT

Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl> wrote:

: On Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:05:03 +0200, sunita_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net wrote
: (in message <36167816.34E2_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>):
:>
:> Exports on the database has begun to core dump. How do I identify which
:> object is corrputed and in which schema??
:>
:> Once the object is identified, can I drop and recreate the object, will it
:> fix the problem?
:
: You mean it dumps before or after the export of the tables ? In that case I
: expect you to have some invalid objects. When a table is corrupt you should be
: able to read it from the log.

: select owner, object_name, object_type, status from dba_objects
: where status != 'VALID'
: union
: select owner, index_name, table_name from dba_indexes
: where status != 'VALID';

I don't think that Invalid objects would cause a core dump during an export since they are actually valid datatypes to the database (well, they understand valid or invalid as opposed to being corrupt). It could be some other issue such as lack of memory, library conflicts, etc. Are there any symptoms at all other than a core dump?

BTW, I could be wrong, but you could just query dba_objects since it contains both indexes and tables. Less use of the ! operator may be faster for most other operations (ie, use status = 'INVALID').

-Doug Received on Sat Oct 17 1998 - 13:00:25 CDT