Re: ANYONE USING ORACLE 8.0.4 WITH UNIX H.P 11.0

From: MMK Productions <nospammmkprod_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:48:19 -0400

We are testing 8.0.4 with HP-UX 10.2. We know of a 8.0.4 bug in which you cannot increase PROCESSES to more than 102. If you do, you get a semaphore-related ORA-600 error and the DB will not startup.

We working with Support and found no specific reason or fix. They recommended we go to 8.0.5. We asked for the update, but have so far recevied 2 packages, each w/o a CD. We called, they said they are aware and trying to fix it. In the mean time we cannot test a full ver of our sw because it requires proc=200+

Anyway, I believe 8.0.4 is not perfect and you may want to try to get 8.0.5 ASAP. Good luck.