NT4 dual proccessor, OS LEVEL TUNING or PARALLEL SERVER?

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 12:25:15 GMT

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has any information about tuning Oracle on NT at the OS level.

Specifically has anyone tried to set the affinity of Oracle services to one or other Proccessor. EG: TNSlisterner80 --- proccessor 1

                      Oracle80 --------- proccessor 2

etc.

Will this have any mesuarable impact on performance, is it a plus a minus or neatral,

Or should I consider installing the parallel server option .

Machine configuration

dual Pentium II 266
256m RAM
2 x 18 gig scusi