Re: How do you drop a column in Oracle 8?

From: monton <monton_at_qni.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:25:47 -0500

In Oracle8 :
A table can be altered in really only two ways in regards to columns.

The really only way, that I see, to accomplish getting rid of the column is really just to reorg it and leave out the column. You can also make a dump table, copy contents from the primary to the secondary and leave out the column. Then rebuild the table without the column and port the data back.

Keith D. Monton
monton_at_qni.com

P.S. - When you stated that this same sql worked for other databases are you referring to other types of databases ( Non-Oracle )?