Re: Restructuring Data Tables

From: John Durst <jdurst_at_sky.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:18:23 -0500

You could do a create table as select (with nologging and in parallel if necessary), drop the original table, and then rename the new table. Of course, as always any referential constraints could be a problem, and you would have to recreate other constraints, indexes, triggers, etc. on the new table...What exactly is the reasoning for avoiding export/import?