Re: I need Oracle help. Lotsa questions here. Oracle autostart options? Oracle SQL Cron? Online export?

From: Terry Porter <ifly_at_iname.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 17:11:24 -0500

Of note: the export parameter CONSISTENT=Y will ensure data integrity in case your database is seeing activity during the export.

If you want to prevent access during an export, (as long as users don't have the DBA role granted to them!) you can also perform the SQL stmt ALTER SYSTEM ENABLE RESTRICTED SESSION, which will prevent any new logins unless privs are granted to a user regarding this (or the user has the DBA role granted to them). When export is complete, ALTER SYSTEM DISABLE RESTRICTED SESSION to allow normal logins again.