Re: Setting UTL_FILE default output file permission???

From: ALEX J JENTILUCCI <ALEXJENT_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 11:49:16 -0500

You don't mention how you are running the job but....

Seems to me that I ran into this a couple years ago and the no matter what was done, the same result occurred.

As I recall, our process ran from a UNIX script via concurrent manager and what I did was copy the file to another directory and did a chmod then deleted the original. I guess the key is to do whatever is necessary to physically
move the file and change permissions on it as the original creator.

Post your findings...

Good luck.

Alex

LYee853344 wrote in message <19980926104539.29386.00002232_at_ng145.aol.com>...

>Hi,
>
>I have a PL/SQL program that outputs a flat file using UTL_FILE. The file
gets
>created with permission - RW- R-- ---, but I want it to be - RW- R-- R--.
We
>changed the ORACLE DBA userid to default to -RW- R-- R-- and recycled the
DB,