unlimited_rollback_segments init parm?

From: Richard A Papaj <papaj_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:12:19 -0400

With 7.3.3, I hit errors "ORA-01681: Parameter unlimited_rollback_segments must be set to TRUE for this operation" & "ORA-02226: invalid MAXEXTENTS value" when attempting to set maxextents to unlimited for rollback segments.

I wanted to research the parameter before I set it to true but can't find any information on it. It appears to be one of those undocumented init parms.

Will this parameter solve my problem? Are there any ramifications in setting it to true? And lastly, are there any official or unofficial sources of information on undocumented init parms? (maybe not, then they wouldn't be "undocumented", would they!)

Thanks,
Rick Papaj Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 15:12:19 CDT