Re: unlimited_rollback_segments init parm?

From: David <darussell_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 21:35:51 +0100

The unlimited rollback segments init.ora parameter allow you to set the max extents storage clause for rollback segements to a value greater that the default defined by block size (2k : 121, 4K 256,.....). It will thus allow you to set it to unlimited.

BUT !!! I would NEVER recommend setting any object to unlimited extents, performance usually starts degrading after 20 or so extents and it you end up with 10,000+ extents you will have to wait days to drop the objects (yes days). Also SMON gets in a tiz trying to perform clean ups.

If you really want to go past the defaults, then I find that 300 to 500 works reasonably.

Regards
David