Oracle on VMS performance issue

From: Zeth Johansson <zejo_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/09/24

Hi there!

We're running Oracle 7.3.2 on OpenVMS 7.1 (Alpha Server). The database resides on a stripe-set. We suffer from performance problems related to disk I/O. How does stripe size affect performance? I belive 64k stripes are common with VMS. What would be the recommended stripe size, with Oracle using 4k block-size? Does anyone have experience with this configuration?

Thank you for your help!

Zeth Johansson Received on Thu Sep 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT