Re: What tables store user passwords?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:47:13 GMT

Like the replies to your schema question: Don't do it that way...

Use alter user <username> identified by <new password>

Accessing the data dictionary tables is very dangerous and can result in an unusable database....

lancecarver_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I am trying to change user passwords directly at the table level. When I
>update user$.password with the encrypted password, the password still doesn't
>work. Does anyone know the tables the password field is stored in (both v7
>and v8)?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Lance Carver
>Oracle DBA

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 14:47:13 CDT