Re: Oracle 7 to Oracle 8 migration: experiences?

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:28:04 +0200

I tried the conversion tool on both aix and hp-ux from 7.3.4.2 to 8.0.4 and 8.0.5. The tool only works started by the installer when your characterset is US7ASCII. Running in manually is quite cumbersome. Using export/import from 7.3 to 8.0 worked MUCH faster and easier than TRYING to use the conversion tool. A nice chance to adjust your storage parameters ;-)

--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home) Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 14:28:04 CDT