Re: C++ function i a stored procedure

From: jan <jan_at_tat.dk>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:53:55 +0200

Nicolas Bronke wrote:

> Hi John,
> thank you for your message. The pity is that I am using Oracle 7.3x. I
> looked into my PL/SQL-User manual but I did not find any refereces to
> external procedures.
> Could it be, that external procedures are added first time with Oracle 8?
>
> Kind regards
> Nicolas

I have used 'external procedures' from Oracle since version 6 (as far as I remember) in the form of 'exits' - try to look that subject up. Come to think of it, I haven't used them since then....

The general idea is that you write a piece of (C/C++/...) code, that you compile to an object module and link into the relevant Oracle binary. I used it with runform - the Forms 3.5 runtime - and I don't know if it is available for eg. the database binary.

/jan Received on Tue Sep 22 1998 - 04:53:55 CDT