Replication Question - Basics

From: Biju Thomas <bijuthomas_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:35:36 -0500

Hi,
There is a central server, which has the master db on Solaris. There r n no of remote dbs on WinNT. Sync should be 2 way. The data from the remote db (all over the world) should be updated in the central server, and vice versa.

We dont have any proper docs at our place. In the net there r lots, we are getting lost. These are the questions:

Is there really a thing called 'updateable snapshot'? (I think it is a remote table copy using SQL COPY)

Can we use 'Symmetric Replication Feature' ? (What is it? - I think it is on-line updation across all servers using triggers. Wont I have locking problems)

Oracle Replication Server - What is it?

Please suggest us a suitable method for doing this.

URGENT REPLY PLEASE. Raj Kumar Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 14:35:36 CDT