db_files won't exceed 30 (but I need more)

From: <skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:16:35 GMT

I'm running Oracle v7.2.3 on HP-UX v10.01. The database was created in 1996 using defaults (db_files=20) and db_files cannot be increased past 30. I'm getting concerned as we are currently at 21 datafiles and growing.

I believe the only way to solve this problem is to create a new database but I thought I'd toss this out to the experienced DBAs out there. Is there any way to get our old, unsupported version of Oracle to accept db_files > 30?

I've heard rumors there was...

Thanks!

Rose Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 14:16:35 CDT