snapshot and recover

From: Olivier Bercovitz <olivier.bercovitz_at_steria.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:41:20 GMT

Hello everybody,

I have a question about using snapshot and recover : We have 2 db (O.7.3.4) and 1 snapshot on 1 db with about 20Mb of data. We are using refresh fast method (force method to be exact). All the db are in archivelog mode What have to do when :
1) the master db (with snapshot log) crash and is recovered :

    Have I to recreate the snapshot and so transferring 20Mb     on the network or can I be sure that the informations     restored in snapshot log are ok to be used by refresh fast ??

2) the same when the db with snapshot crash and is recovered

It's important for me to know if after creation of snapshot I can have a case to recreate snapshot and so overload the network with my 20Mb.

Thanks for yours answers
Regards.
Olivier Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 03:41:20 CDT