DBWR more active than its children

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: 17 Sep 1998 08:55:11 GMT

Hello y'all,

Has anyone got some inside information concerning multiple database writers he cares to share with me?

On one of our AIX systems, we've got 8 database writer processes, async i/o has been disabled, but dbwr is continuously more active than db01 .. db08.

Do you know how the workload between the writers is shared? Or why dbwr would want to do most of the work himself?

Thanks,

Gerard Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 03:55:11 CDT