Re: Calculating new tablespace sizes

From: Marcos Andres Vera Yañez <mvera_at_rdc.cl>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:29:44 -0500

Hi
About your question to Oracle Group :
Look, you won't find a formal formula to do that. But you can do the following :
1.- Create a big tablespace only to put all of your table's indexes on it. This will really improve the performance of your applicactions. 2.- Put this tablespace appart from the "data tablespace". 3.- Create a tablespace to put rollback segment on it, and create 5 o 6 segments.
4.- Create a tablespace to put temporary objects on it. 5.- Separate your tables in three groups depending on their numbers of rows, for example, rows between 1 and 100000 in group A, between 1000001 and ... and so on. Create a separate user to each one of them and put in a separate tablespace.

Hope this help you.

--

Marcos Vera Yanez
Oracle Database Adminstrator