Re: On dbv

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:07:13 GMT

On 14 Sep 1998 08:53:33 GMT, Choon Leong <chuacl_at_iscs.nus.edu.sg> wrote:

>From the Oracle8 documentation, it says dbv can be used for both online and
>offline databases. However, from the orafaq site, I saw a statement that says
>otherwise, ie only for offline datafiles, so which is right? TIA.

I assume the "dbv" you are refering to is the same as "dbverf" or "dbverfXX" as I know it on some systems - i.e. the "database verify" utility. If it is something different, ignore this message.

The behavior of the "dbverf" utility is platform specific when it comes to its ability to verify online db files. For example, on unix it can do its job on online files, while on WinNT it can verify only offline files.

>--
>Choon Leong

HTH,
--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 06:07:13 CDT