PL/SQL:Efficiency of inline SQL vs use of Dynamic SQL Package

From: <ross_mcadam_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:11:43 GMT

I am writing an application in PL/SQL which involves many SQL insert statements where I require a count of the number of records for each insert.

My query is whether 1. It is more efficient to perform SQL inline and use select count(*) to return the number of rows;, or, 2. Use the dynamic SQL package which also returns the number of rows inserted.

Thanks in advance, RM.