Sybase to Oracle database conversion.

From: Marc Calvert <Marc_Calvert_at_aurora.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:37:46 -0500

I have recently converted a Sybase database of 515 table approx. 18 gig and 80 Million rows to Oracle 8.0.5. I plan to use the analyze table validate structure, analyze table compute statistics sql on each table and periodically there after.

What other prudent, data integrity checking procedures should I implement?

Also after doing the above, a query of the user_tables view yields a fairly high ratio of blocks to empty_blocks.

Is there something that I can to to reduce the amount of storage space that each table requires?

I am using a pctfree of 5 and pctused of 85 on each of the tables as this is a datawharehouse application and there will be very little if any changes made to the existing data. Received on Fri Sep 11 1998 - 10:37:46 CDT