Re: Does following codes work in your JDBC driver and/or database server?

From: Joseph Weinstein <joe_at_weblogic.com>
Date: 1998/09/10

Ruiming Chen wrote:

> The following code is print a list of tables in a database. It works
> fine with Connecting Software Type 4 FastForward JDBC driver, Sybase SQL
> Server 10/11.But it not work with Weblogic Type 4 jdbcKona/Informix4 JDBC
> driver,
> Informix Dynamic Server 7.3x.Also not works with jdbc-odbc bridge, MS-Access
> neither.
> I don't have MS SQL Server (you can use Connecting Software Type 4
> FastForward JDBC driver or Weblogic Type 4 jdbcKona/MSSQLSERVER JDBC
> driver).
> And I don't have Oracle 7/8, Type 4 Oracle thin JDBC driver.
> Can you test following code for me?
> Thanks!
> ResultSet result = db.getTables("database_name", "database_owner",
> "%", null);

Hi Ruiming. If you will try the variant:

    db.getTables(con.getCatalog(), "database_owner", "%", null);

It will work with our type-4 Informix driver. It is currently not possible to get information on the tables in another database.

If you try this with Oracle, you will have to substitute a "" or null for the first argument because Oracle has no analog to the Sybase or Informix 'database' or catalog.

--

Joseph Weinstein       Staff Engineer            http://www.weblogic.com
See our newsgroups:     http://www.weblogic.com/services/newsgroups.html