Oracle/SPARC Solaris + RAID -- Experiences/Opinions anyone?

From: Adam W. Dace <awd_at_fastparts.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:24:43 -0500

I'm just tossing this out as we as a company struggle to decide which vendor fits our needs better -- Sun or Winchester.

They both make RAID arrays with accelerator cards, and while both seem attractive, Winchester seems to have much higher performance stats.

If you've dealt with either company's RAID products, please drop me a line and include details such as what the server does, your experience with the product, etc. The true ideal would be someone who's dealt with both, but it's not a perfect world after all.

Thanks! And please cc: any postings to my email as I don't keep up with Usenet as much as I'd like to.