Re: OEM Console Error

From: Werner De Gruyter <wgruyter_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 22:10:59 GMT

>I am using Oracle Enterprise Manager version 1.5 Console to monitor
>mutiple DB instances. But I always encounter the problem that the
>console reports false alarm that a host is down. But actually, the host
>is up and running. After some hours, the console clear the down
>message. And also frequently, it reports the Oracle Intelligence Agents
>are not running on the hosts.

As soon as the console reports any of these events, check to see if you can make a connection to this machine. The UPDOWN events use some kind of internal pinging to see if they still can 'see' the services. Best guess in those cases is then to make sure the network connection is still there...

Rgrds,

wdg_at_village.uunet.be Received on Tue Sep 08 1998 - 17:10:59 CDT