Display an index

From: Karl E. Taylor <ktaylor_at_dragon.illusions.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:05:59 -0700

Perhaps you folks can help.

I have several users and DBA's for remote clients that keep talking about doing a describe on an index before dropping and recreating it. This of of course on our 7.3 systems. Now I always learned that the only way to actually see what an index was made up from was to select the index_name from all_ind_column and it would show you what fields made up the index. The question is, is there a describe index _index_name_ type function in Oracle 7.3.x to 8x? It sure would make my life a lot easier.

Thanks.

Please post all replays to the news group, do not send e-mail at this time.
--

Karl E. Taylor                          CEO & UNIX Systems Analyst

Desert Dragon SOHO Solutions            ktaylor_at_dragon.illusions.com

                  http://www.illusions.com/ddsoho

Dr. Lao "You know what wisdom is?"
Little boy "No."
Dr. Lao "Wise answer." Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 12:05:59 CDT