Re: Copying rows with LONG RAW field to another database

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 98 00:33:40 GMT

In article <6ska6c$iqr$1_at_snoopy.ndcorp.com>, ndcdba_at_mindspring.com wrote:
>Jason.Ford_at_msfc.nasa.gov (Jason Ford) wrote:
>
>>I believe this will only work for long raw data with a length of 32760
>>bytes or less.
>
>Yes. I'm used to only requiring a few thousand bytes for my BLOBs.
>Sorry.

Just today one of my customers mentioned that he was designing a table for which I was going to set up a schema and tablespaces and that would contain digitized blueprints (LONG RAW). So knowing that export had a problem with long raw I decided to read about it. Truncation at 64K will occur at export time.

So If you need to copy long raw it it time to write an unload pgm and use sql*loader to put it back.
I was happy to hear that they would not be needing me to copy their long raw data to production, but our full exports will be a problem in the future.

Gerald P. Sinkiewicz
E-mail sinkiege_at_tiac.net Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 19:33:40 CDT