Re: Database Modifications...

From: <plomax_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 23:52:37 +0200

Hi,
I have been using a rather good tool from www.bitbybit.co.uk called CHECKMATE
for about 2 years now. It allows me to record the schema and then compare it with one I had last week. I time stamp my shemas. We have about 5 patches per day so software versions don't really mean anything. I do this everyweek. i can also produce mini databases by extracting all related data for 1000 clients in my production or copy of database. I then inject this in to a waiting db for my developers. It saves an awful amount of disk space. 100GB to 8GB
Peter