Oracle Protocol Error - ORA-28578

From: <dbraxton_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 21:52:54 GMT

This may sound strange, but I'll try and explain the situaiton as best as I can.

I have an Oracle 7 trigger that is calling an Oracle 8 procedure through a remote db link. The Oracle 8 procedure is then calling out to an external C executable file. After the executable runs, control should be returned to the Oracle 7 trigger, which should then finish running. However, I am getting the following error :

ORA - 28578: protocol errorduring callback from an external procedure ORA - 06512: at "SCOTT.DEMOPACK", line 61
ORA - 06512: at "SCOTT.DEMOPACK", line 102

I can run the Oracle 8 procedure and C executable locally, I just can't get it to work from the remote Oracle 7
trigger.

Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Braxton

dbraxton_at_harte-hanks.com