ORACLE AND VISUAL FOXPRO ?

From: ACQUA_TAURUS <jasonch_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 19:29:47 +0800

Hi!

    I'm Jason
    This mail was from Taiwan,My English was so poor that I could not express my question clearly, but I still hoped all of you will understand what I want to talk.

     When I developed a program with VISUAL FOXPRO, and I used APPEND BLANK and REPALCE or DataAware Control like TEXTBOX to write some fields whose data type is VARCHAR2 back to ORACLE Database server, I found the datum had not been trimed their trailing space.For example ,FIELD1 is a field which belonged to TABLE1 , I Set the ControlSource property of TEXT1(TEXTBOX) =
"FIELD1" , and when runned the program I write "ABC" on TEXT1, then I use
TABLEUPDATE() to write them back. When I finished the update prcess, I used the sql statement to gather the data I updateed like the below:  "SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1 WHERE FIELD1='ABC'" but I found nothing, If I changed the sql statement like the below
"SELECT FIELD1 FROM TABLE1 WHERE RTRIM(FIELD1)='ABC'"
then, I could get the result I want.
but If I would like to use the LEFT OUTER JOINT to get a JOINT view like the below
"SELECT ... FROM TABLE1 A,TABLE2 B WHERE RTRIM(A.FIELD1)=RTRIM(B.FIELD1)
(+)"

then I got an error message from oralce server, it probably say that SQL Command suffer from some problem and could not properly end it. I hope someone who can help me to solve such a problem, It had bothered me for a long time, I will appreciate your kindness, thank you very much! my mails are
jasonch_at_adnet.com.tw
jasonch_at_mail.onweb.com.tw Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 06:29:47 CDT