Re: ORACLE ON NT SERVER vs. UNIX

From: Stephen Atkinson <you.better.remove.this.atkinson.and.this_at_world.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 22:34:28 GMT

Mark,

I quite understand your feelings and as it happens I also subscribe to them. There are however some situations where the gain may override the dangers for foreign software.

I personally don't like the telnet server which is part of the NT resource kit, however there are third party tools, such as the ATAMAN server which do work, and work well.

As far as remote tools being supported, the NT 4.0 terminal server is already on the market if your caution outweights the price difference between it and 3rd party tools such as pcanywhere.

Steve.

ps: (the following is a light hearted comment) ... Oracle isn't a microsoft product. Does MS explicitely support Oracle?