Re: ORACLE ON NT SERVER vs. UNIX

From: Mark Weghorst <weghorst_at_nilenet.com>
Date: 28 Aug 1998 18:03:46 GMT

atkinson_at_world.net wrote:
: Just a couple of trivial points.

: . You can telnet into an NT host and use a shell (CMD) account.
: We use this for remote maint. of our 7 * 24 NT Oracle servers.
: This can be done either across a dial-in (RAS) connection on the
: server itself, or any other tcp/ip connection which gives access
: to the server.

: . Of course, you can also use one of the remote control gui tools as well.

And when did the telnet server and these remote control gui tools become officially supported by M$? I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't load anything on a production server that isn't explicitly supported by the vendor.

-Mark Weghorst Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 13:03:46 CDT